shp2img segfaults on sde connection

Hancock, Eric Eric.Hancock at DEP.STATE.FL.US
Thu Nov 10 10:44:02 EST 2005

Hello all,

I have a mapfile that (and could possibly be configured incorrectly) when
trying to generated an image from makes shp2img segfault at msFreeMap(). The
image gets generated fine, but shp2img segfaults. When running mapserv as a
cgi this causes mapserv to never return the image to the client. Here's my
mapfile:

  MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT         500000 600000 600000 700000
  SIZE           400 300
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
  DEBUG ON

  PROJECTION
    "datum=NAD83"
    "proj=aea"
    "ellps=GRS80"
    "a=6378137"
    "rf=298.257222101"
    "lat_0=24"
    "lon_0=-84"
    "lat_1=24"
    "lat_2=31.5"
    "x_0=400000"
    "y_0=0"
    "units=m"
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS
#---------------------------------------------
  LAYER # COUNTYSHORE_AREAS polygon layer begins here
    NAME         county
    CONNECTION   "gistest.dep.state.fl.us,port:5151,sde,user,password"
    CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
    DATA         "BASE.COUNTYSHORE_AREAS,SHAPE,SDE.DEFAULT"
    TEMPLATE     "/tmp/dummy.tmp"
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POLYGON
    DEBUG ON

#  PROJECTION
#    "datum=NAD83"
#    "proj=aea"
#    "ellps=GRS80"
#    "a=6378137"
#    "rf=298.257222101"
#    "lat_0=24"
#    "lon_0=-84"
#    "lat_1=24"
#    "lat_2=31.5"
#    "x_0=400000"
#    "y_0=0"
#    "units=m"

  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  #"init=epsg:102003"
  #
#  END

    CLASS
      COLOR        232 232 232
      OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
    END
  END # States polygon layer ends here
  # End of LAYER DEFINITIONS -------------------------------

  #Start of WEB Object
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/tmp/"
#    IMAGEURL  "http://199.73.196.65/"
    LOG       "/tmp/mapservererror.log"
  END

END # end of map file/object

--------------shp2img------------------
[oracle at localhost]#./shp2img -m test.map -o test.png
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[oracle at localhost]#ls test.png
test.png

-------gdb log-----------------
(gdb) run -m test.map -o test.png
Starting program: /home/oracle/mapserver-4.6.1/shp2img -m test.map -o
test.png
[New Thread -1218568064 (LWP 28077)]
[Switching to Thread -1218568064 (LWP 28077)]

Breakpoint 1, msFreeMap (map=0x886a198) at mapobject.c:145
145       if(!map) return;
(gdb) next
142     void msFreeMap(mapObj *map) {
(gdb) next
145       if(!map) return;
(gdb) next
146       msCloseConnections(map);
(gdb) next

0x00cd6bb2 in pthread_join () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is something wrong with my compile?

Thanks,

Eric hancock
Florida DEP
BIS/GIS