Can't install MapServer

Alejandro Mejia Evertsz amejia at GUA.NET
Fri Nov 11 10:03:00 EST 2005

I'm a newbie on this unix stuff, but I know a little bit about ports, so I
tried installing MapServer using ports, but it failed, so I decided to
install it manually.
When I do the ./configure I get this error:

configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/local.
Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling configure. You may
also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate location for one
of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or libiconv).

But I know I have GD installed, and it's higher than the one requiered:

# pkg_info | grep gd
gd-2.0.33_3,1       A graphics library for fast creation of images
gdal-1.2.1_2        A translator library for raster geospatial data formats
php5-gd-5.0.5_1     The gd shared extension for php

I don't know what to do next...
Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro Mejia Evertsz