Box onreference map

Stephen Davies sdc at SDC.COM.AU
Fri Nov 11 20:32:36 EST 2005

I have found a possible partial solution to this problem.

In my CGI program, I am using the proj utility to convert the
(dynamically determined) lat/long extent of the main map to metres and
then using URL substitution to pass these values to mapserv.

For testing purposes,I have manually edited the map file to set the
reference map extent to the same values and the "box of interest"
display now works.

My problem now is to work out how to change the reference map extent
(and image) dynamically. (See separate posting.)

Cheers,
Stephen
This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83