php mapscript with postgresql 8.1

Dirk Tilger dirk at ADVTECHME.COM
Mon Nov 14 01:20:43 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 02:12:46PM +0100, St?phane RIFF wrote:
> I don't think there were an old link libpq.so.3 before compile mapserver.
> But when i try ln -s lipq.so.3 libpq.so.4 i doesn't work, my libpq.so.4
> is in /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ does it matter ?

Assuming you haven't a broken linker on your system there are only two
possible reasons:

1. The filename libpq.so.3 exists on your system and mapserver has been
   linked against it
2. You are loading your old php_mapscript.so

An ease option to separate the two would be by going into your mapserver
build directory and doing:

ldd mapscript/php3/php_mapscript.so | grep libpq

The command above will output you the exact filename of libpq.so. You
can do the same thing with your php_mapscript.so in your PHP directory.

Dirk Tilger
Advanced Technologies ME FZ LLC
Tel +971 4 367 1071
Fax +971 4 367 2529