Privacy of this list, was OT: lurking/vacation notifications

Thomas E Burk teb at MALLIT.FR.UMN.EDU
Tue Nov 15 18:30:46 EST 2005

We've discussed the issue of keeping names hidden before (several aspects
of that) and reached a conclusion (not a concensus of course) leading to
setting up the list the way it is.

A private list just means it won't show up in local (UMN) or global lists
of lists. The message is just canned. I don't think that is a big deal.

Tom

<http://umn.edu/mc/s?DDqPgLQPovko4UuVK4GhjlCcZKYKXtpIDCOTQRJ3xqb4NC9cRDbvK
MkF0B9yA3xkTcnA18leVGxuGNnlTQAqgTg>