Supported SDE Version

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Nov 16 09:02:43 EST 2005

Eric,

It does work with 9.1, but there was an additional library that had
to be linked in with the software.  MapServer 4.8 will have a fix in
its configure scripts to grab this.

As for raster support, it was only tested with 9.0 (AFAIK, I'm the
only one to *ever* get it to work in its current incarnation).  I
only got things as far as making sure they work, and never tested
them in any sort of production environment.  My intent, I think, was
to have the SDE raster code that Pirmin wrote for MapServer act as a
skeleton for developing SDE raster support in GDAL some day.  GDAL
provides much more for rasters (reprojection being the most
important) and we have been moving away from having raster driver
support directly in MapServer and instead have used GDAL when
possible for that task.

That some day hasn't arrived yet, and SDE raster support in MapServer
is highly experimental and quite restricted (you can't reproject your
SDE image).

Hope this helps,

Howard