mapscript crashes on getFeature

Wed Nov 16 11:43:47 EST 2005

You've got my attention. Donovan do you have any more specific information regarding the GEOS crash?

Steve

On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:06 AM, Donovan J Donovan wrote:

> For future reference, it was crashing in GEOS code.
> Compilling without geos resolved the problem - not sure what i lose
> but
> performance seems unchanged.
>
> Perhaps the problem is specific to geos-2.1.1, i haven't tried
> upgrading.

Which version of MapServer is this, Donovan? Since 4.6 (IIRC),
shapeObjs now have a GEOS geometry silently, or maybe not so silently
in your case, associated with them. I've cc'd the author of that work
to get his attention.

cheers,
Sean

---