geodatabase as ogr datasource

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 16 18:07:37 EST 2005

Hi Edwin,

You should be able to use the geodatabase file by using OGR as the
connectiontype and the name of the .mdb file as the connection

Unfortuneatly It seems I deleted my map file that I tested it with, so
I can't give you excactly how I did it, but it did work for me.  I was
using shp2image from the latest FWTools package.

For the connection, try the name of the .mdb followed by a comma,
followed by the layer name ... or layer number as found by using
ogrinfo on the geodatabase.

... Also, a big Thanks to Frank Warmerdam who built the
OGR/mapserver/geodatabase functionality recently,  contracted by a few
of us from the MapServer community.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC