Where2getit.com Presents Mapserver at ILGISA Conference

Fri Nov 18 10:23:22 EST 2005

Sweet, I'm glad they contacted you guys. We did a full-day workshop at our state GIS meeting and it was very well recieved. I slid ka-map in at the end as a teaser and jaws were dropping. Very cool.

I'm wondering if we should track presentations like this on the new website someplace (or perhaps we already are). What do you think?

Steve

>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> 11/17/05 11:12 PM >>>
Hi all,

I just did two presentations at the ILGISA Conference in Oak Brook, IL
this week on Mapserver for Where2getit.com

1. Getting Started With Mapserver - 3 hr Workshop with 35+ attendees
2. Using ka-map for data distribution - 60+ attendees

The presentations are located at:

http://where2getit.com/ilgisa/

in case anyone is interested in looking at them.

The ILGISA attendees are primarily IL state and local municipal GIS
departments and the GIS, surveying, and engineering consulting firms
supporting them.

The presentations on Mapserver and ka-map were very well received and
they would like to do a hands-on mapserver workshop next year instead of
a presentation workshop that they asked for this year.

-Steve W.
  http://where2getit.com/