ArcIms / Javascript Question

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Nov 18 21:11:50 EST 2005

Mark,

This is really an email list about UMN MapServer.  You also wont find
too much information on this list about STRUTS, although I think
there might be some folks experimenting with it and Java MapScript.
A better place for your question would probably be the ESRI ArcIMS
web forums.

UMN MapServer does have QueryMap functionality that is similar to
what you are describing in your email.  You might look at the source
code for MapServer or documentation on the MapServer website for
information on how it works.  There might even be some code or
examples you could borrow, as the concepts are quite similar.  Having
access to the source code of the software you are using so you can
see what it is doing is just one of the many advantages of using
tools like UMN MapServer

Hope this helps,

Howard