MapLab/Geocoding/Deploying

Zak James zak4ms at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 22 09:17:21 EST 2005

Jeff,

Gmapfactory applications rely on mapserver, php mapscript and php
being available, so you would need these for deployment. For linux,
the fgs installer can set up a server with all necessary dependencies
(see http://www.maptools.org/fgs/). On windows, you can use the ms4w
installer, but it's not really designed for deploying applications,
only for development (see http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/).

Regardless of how you choose to deploy your application, extending
gmapfactory projects is not an easy thing to do. If you require
capabilities beyond the built-in functions, you are better off using a
toolkit like chameleon (http://chameleon.maptools.org/) or mapbuilder
(http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net/).

zak

--