problem with OGR connection using *.ovf -> orginfo and direct SQL query -> different results

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Nov 23 11:04:51 EST 2005

On 11/23/05, Janeks Kamerovskis <janeks.kamerovskis at silva.lv> wrote:

> While simple query to mydatabase connection with the same query string like
> in *.ovf file produces for given record:
>
> 506     464918.0        6310080.0
>
> At the same time I have simple table in another mySQL database with the same
> point features and very similar *.ovf file, that gives correct (equal)
> results.
>
> Could somebody point me to right direction, what could be wrong!?

Janeks,

I'm not really clear on what you consider to be correct and
incorrect behavior.   I will add that for feature id based queries
to work properly in MapServer through OVF files and ODBC
it is critical that a sensible integer column get selected as the
feature id column.  There has been some very recent work in
this regard, and you might want to grab the latest FWTools build:

  http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools100a8.exe

With this, you can set the ODBC_OGR_FID configuration
(environment) variable to for use of a particular column as the
FID.

eg.
ogrinfo --config ODBC_OGR_FID My_ID -fid 391 e:/mapserver/mapdefs/rs.ovf
layer rs

Best regards,