problems querying ogr data source

joanne cook j.cook at OXFORDARCH.CO.UK
Thu Nov 24 04:08:34 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for the quick response. I should be able to upgrade to the nightly snapshot of gdal/ogr, but is there anywhere where I might find some information on the syntax of this config line? I had a look in the main mapserver and ogr/vrt documentation and couldn't find anything that specifically referred to it.

All the best

Jo

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA
Information Systems Coordinator
Oxford Archaeology North

________________________________

From: fwarmerdam at gmail.com on behalf of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Wed 23/11/2005 17:13
To: joanne cook
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problems querying ogr data source

On 11/23/05, joanne cook <j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have recently upgraded to Mapserver version 4.2.5, and have come across a problem, that I'm fairly convinced I didn't have before the upgrade. I have a layer in my map file that is an ogr connection via an ovf file to a microsoft access database. I also have other standard layers based on shape files. When I am in nquery mode and I query the layer based on the access database it returns the top record from the database regardless of where on the map I am clicking. If I choose more than one point then it returns more records, working down from the first record in order. If I query an area with no points, then I get the standard error message. When I query one of the other layers the querying works properly.
>
> I would be very grateful for any thoughts that anyone has on this curious situation!

Jo,

I suspect this is a problem with the OGR ODBC driver
selecting a column as the feature id.  If it ends up with the
default mechanism of assigning feature ids sequentially
to the result set, then you would see problems like the above.
I don't know why it would have worked with an older mapserver.

Are you in a position to upgrade to a nightly snapshot of GDAL/OGR?
If so, you can add a CONFIG line to your map file to force selection
of a particular column as fid.

Best regards,