write shp files from MS Access MS SQL

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Sat Nov 26 08:01:29 EST 2005

Hi,

you could do this by setting up an ovf file for your database
connection+table. Then with ogr2ogr you can create a shapefile from it.

Check the following:
-for ovf files (virtual spatial data): http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_vrt.html
-for ogr2ogr syntax: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr2ogr.html

There is a php module for OGR, which might be useable for this
(otherwise the next generation SWIG binding for OGR could also be useable):

-for PHP/ogr module: http://dl.maptools.org/dl/php_ogr/

Best regards,
Bart