write shp files from MS Access MS SQL

Wim Blanken w.blanken at GEON.NL
Sat Nov 26 12:28:56 EST 2005

Hello William,

I agree with Bart.
But I had a problem with this using tables with spaces. So be aware if your tablenames in MSaccess have spaces in them.....

Regards,

Wim Blanken
The Netherlands

----- Original Message -----
  From: william paul
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 11:58 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] write shp files from MS Access MS SQL

  Hello:

  It is possible to write shp files from a MS Access database or a MS SQL database. I am working with both MS Access and MS SQL. I work on a data entry form. Some fields are for geographic coordinates. When the form is submitted I want to write shp file using the fields with the coordinates from the database, so the features appear on the map in real time

  Does someone give me some examples or some links from where I can read more?

  Thank you

  William