MapServer Foundation - Open Letter

Mon Nov 28 14:37:40 EST 2005

The name is not a done deal, merely a suggestion that some of the developer
types came up with. We need a way to differentiate the UMN MapServer that
does not imply legacy (e.g. MapServer Classic) since UMN MapServer is not
going anywhere. The idea behind cheetah was that it represents speed and
agility. Certainly other animals, plants, insects or objects might do a better
job (and result in a better logo). Fire away...

Steve

>>> Andy Canfield <andy.canfield at GMAIL.COM> 11/28/05 1:18 PM >>>
Do we get a say or is this already a done deal? From what I read on
the DM Solutions site it seems like this is pretty much a done deal.
If it's not I like "Osprey" as they have always been my favorite bird
of prey and I like the raptor idea way better than the cheeta thing.