MapServer Foundation - Open Letter

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 28 16:26:50 EST 2005

I disagree, there certainly is a connection for the platypus and MapServer!

The platypus was once a creature that the establishment refused to
believe in. The 'scientists' considered it to be a hoax, a joke, and
an impossibility. Some even stood up shouting against the existance of
the furry creature.

... Much like the way every ESRI salesman at every conference I've
been to has dealt with MapServer ... lies, jokes, and denials about
everything we all know to be true.

And much like how the tricky platypus covertly sneaks up to his prey,
the shrimp, using electromagnetic detectors in his bill ... I've had
much enjoyment leading those ESRI salesmen into stating their lies so
that I could embarass them.

And finally, today's massive acknowlegement of the MapServer project
by AutoDesk is akin to them having received a defensive jab of poison
from the Platypus' venomous rear claws.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC