Pixmap symbols and transparent

Stephen Davies sdc at SDC.COM.AU
Mon Nov 28 16:50:35 EST 2005

I am basing my symbol work on the recent "Construction of Cartographic
Symbols" paper.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:17 am, Steve Lime wrote:
> You shouldn't have to do that, in fact, I don't believe that option is
even used any more. MapServer will use transparency if the image has
it. There must be an error in the documentation someplace.

> Are you seeing otherwise?
>
> Steve

> How does one determine the palette indexes for use with the
TRANSPARENT
> option in pixmap symbol definitions?
>
> (Why is the transparency of the image file not used?)
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Stephen
>
> --

> This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential
> the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
> disseminate this email or its contents.
>
> Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177
1595
> Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177
0133
> Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405
83

This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to