MapServer Foundation thoughts and reactions

Tue Nov 29 00:47:30 EST 2005

Ed,

Thank you for putting exactly what I have been feeling into words. I've
been reading all the posts today and getting more and more depressed by
the situation and I can't agree with you more. The idea of a foundation
is great for Mapserver and needed for all the reason you point out.

But this does not feel great to me, nor does it feel like a great thing
for mapserver and the Mapserver brand dilution might be catastrophic
only time will tell. I'm sure it feels great to DM Solutions and
AutoDesk. I wish this had been done in a more open and inclusive way,
that is what a community project is about.

-Steve W.