epiphany about the idea of the Foundation

David Bitner osgis.lists at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 29 15:38:42 EST 2005

I would think that as members or whatever the lowest level of
participation, anyone should be able -- and be encouraged -- to
participate regardless of whether they plan to use/support/whatever
any of the foundations products.  It would then be these members who
should be able to vote for those that get to make the decisions.  I
don't think that any company be that DM, Autodesk, or Joe's Mapserver
Shack should automatically have a seat on the board of directors for
the foundation.  Perhaps there could be automatic seats on an advisory
committee, but the board itself should be picked by the community.
That being said if I thought that someone from Autodesk or ESRI for
that matter had something valuable to bring to the table I wouldn't
hesitate to vote for them.