[OT] Cheetah naming

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Tue Nov 29 20:35:07 EST 2005

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 01:52, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> The name isn't written in stone.  But I'm not sure I want to
> work on "MapServer Cockroach" just because it is the hardiest
> species in the Wikipedia.

Fair enough. If I had to pick between the two for a product name I'd go for
the cheetah, but the animal kingdom (if the mascot has to be an animal at
all) is diverse enough to find a mascot with IMHO more fitting traits than
either the cheetah or the cockroach. I wouldn't wan't to call an airplane
Icarus even though the name associates with freedom and flight...