epiphany about the idea of the Foundation

P Kishor mapserver at EIDESIS.ORG
Wed Nov 30 09:54:14 EST 2005

I wrote...

>> And, fer crying out loud, don't tell us that you have two person years
>> worth of investment in that code.

I was corrected...
> I think it was 60 man years.

for the record, I stand corrected. I am grateful to Autodesk for
contributing their intellectual property to the MapServer Foundation,
and backing the foundation's effort to popularize web-based mapping.

Dear Autodesk, welcome. What would you like to call your code-base?
We, the MapServer community are a creative and vocal lot, and come
from most every corner of the globe... we would be happy to help you
come up with creative and exciting names for your product, should you
desire our help. We can suggest animalistic names, we can even suggest
names in other, exotic languages... or, we can make up names that
really don't mean anything, but suggest great things, like "Altria,"
or "Verizon," or "Agere" do.