MapServer Foundation - Open Letter

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Wed Nov 30 11:09:13 EST 2005

My input (and this needs to be done before the concrete sets on all this:

1. Change the name of the Foundation to something less product-pointed and
more in keeping with the purpose, such as Foundation for Open Source Web
Mapping

2. Add the Foundation moniker to the existing names for the two code bases:
     FOSWM Mapserver
     FOSWM MapGuide

3. Specify in the charter that no code from any FOSWM may be included in a
commercial product.

My input (FWIW),
  Chip "Acronym Man" Taylor
  Prepared Response, Inc.