make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Wed Nov 30 14:59:00 EST 2005

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday Matt.

I just tried it myself - cleaned the source I had successfully built
back in August, and indeed I'm getting the Unwind_Resume error.

As far as changes to C++ versions - there is the Xcode 2.2 update
that updated GCC to 4.0.1, but it looks like it's still the same
version of libstdc++.  This is from Nov 10.  At least for me,
everything else was built with GCC 4.0.0 from Xcode 2.1, then just
now MapServer with GCC 4.0.1.

On Nov 30, 2005, at 11:47 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On 11/30/05, Matthew Roberson <adidassneakers at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I posted this earlier this morning, however I left off
>> my config statement, so I am reposting with the config
>> statement
>>
>> I am trying to compile MapServer 4.6.1 in OS X 10.4.2
>> using gcc 4, however I am receiving an error and I am
>> hoping that someone may be able to offer some advice
>> on how to resolve this error.
>> -lcrypto -lz  -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos   -liconv  -lz
>> -lm -lstdc++  -o shp2img
>> /usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name
>> (/usr/local/lib64) does not exist
>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> __Unwind_Resume
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [shp2img] Error 1
>
> Matt,
>
> I don't really know what is going wrong for you, but
> __Unwind_Resume is related to C++ exception handling
> stuff.  I see you have -lstdc++ listed in your link which I
> would have expected to satisfy the unwinding stuff. But
> you might want to change to use g++ instead gcc for linking.
>
> I think there is an LD= line in Makefile, try making that:
>
> LD=g++
>
> It also seems possible that you are linking against some C++
> component library built with a substantially different version of
> g++.  Are you libraries locally built, or installed from binary
> packages?
>
> Good luck,

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy