MapServer and Foundation naming

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Nov 30 18:00:27 EST 2005

I am not a lawyer, but I think the different license may be an issue
that we'll need to address, especially with respect to sharing small
blocks of code or patches. i.e. code submitted to the LGPL software may
require the author to resubmit it again to the MIT-licensed software
since we cannot (I don't think) embed LGPL code inside a MIT-licensed
software. AFAIK, using MIT code inside a LGPL package would be fine
since the MIT licesne is more permissive than LGPL.

Once again, I am not a lawyer, but that's definitely one issue that will
need to be dealt with eventually.

For whole libraries, though, I don't think it will be an issue. MIT
licensed software can link with LGPL and vice-versa AFAIK.

Daniel