flash 256 output swf

Flo Alex pianosnake at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 30 19:11:35 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using a raster layer from USGS in my mapserver app  and I have
swf output enabled.  The other layers in my mapfile are shapefiles and
they are coming out correctly.  With both options
"OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE/SINGLE"  i get the swf raster output in 256
colors.    My output format is defined in the map file as :

OUTPUTFORMAT
	NAME swf
	DRIVER "SWF"
	MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
	EXTENSION "swf"
	IMAGEMODE RGBA
	FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
	FORMATOPTION "FULL_RESOLUTION=FALSE"
END

I've tried all of the imagemodes available PC256, RGB, RGBA, etc.. and
none would make a non-256 color image.   Any thoughts ?

My server setup is:
mapserver 4.6.1
php 4.3.7
phpMapScript 1.235