Problems with ArcInfo Binary grid...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Oct 3 10:58:15 EDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Carlo Calvino <carlo.calvino at email.it> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> i am having problems with loading of an arc/info binary grid in 32 bit
> floating point. The colors are too dark and inverted, anyone of you has
> experience with it?

Carlo,

Generally speaking when loading non-8bit data you will want to apply
some sort of scaling.  I would suggest you read the section of the Raster
HOWTO on scaling non-8bit data, but the quick thing to test is to add:

  PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"

in your layer definition.

> Second thing, it is possible to import a coloro schema
> (.lyr) file?

No, there is no support for .lyr files.  Generally speaking you will
need to define a bunch of CLASSes with colors for different ranges
of your field.  This is also covered (briefly?) in the raster howto.

Good luck,