OGR/OVF Issues

Avramov,Daniel [Ontario] Daniel.Avramov at EC.GC.CA
Tue Oct 11 16:27:26 EDT 2005

Good to know. We have just discovered that things are working fine with
MapServer 4.4. Furthermore, with 4.6.1 we did get a positive result with
cgi mode (i.e. mode=map) still using the ovf file.

Now, does MapServer need to be compiled with GDAL 1.3.0 for Windows?

We have gdal12.dll (dated: 2005_07_19) in the cgi-bin directory. Will
replacing this with gdal13.dll fix the issue or do we need a new
compilation of MapServer for Windows and is it available?

Peace,
Daniel.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: October 11, 2005 4:19 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] OGR/OVF Issues

On 10/11/05, Avramov,Daniel [Ontario] <Daniel.Avramov at ec.gc.ca> wrote:

> We have been experiencing some inconsistent behaviours using OGR/OVF
> to connect to MS SQL Server 2000

Daniel,

You didn't mention anything about the version of GDAL/OGR you are using.
There was a problem on win32 platforms with the VRT
(OVF) driver crashing on close sometimes.  I am confident this was fixed
in GDAL 1.3.0, and likely also in GDAL 1.2.6.  If you are using an older
version consider upgrading.

If that isn't the issue, then I am not sure why you would be seeing
intermittent failures.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com