mySQL

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Tue Oct 18 02:59:01 EDT 2005

> mySQL has some spatial functionality. It´s sufficient for me. But the
> performance of mySQL is much better than from PostGIS. With PostGIS any
> INSERT of a MULTILINESTRING lasts 6 times longer.

Dear Martin,

as I understand MyGIS and the spatial functions of Mysql 4.1 are two
pair of shoes. MyGIS is an older implementaton of spatial functions in
mysql but not implemented in the main stream of mysql.

We have a project where we fetched x/y data from a mysql database via
odbc driver on a debian box (horrable to get the driver runing) but as
far as I know there is no way to read mysql 4.1 spatial data directly.

I tried to upload the manual to the new mapserver page, but it didn't
work - maybe I did something wrong. If that'll help you plese send an email.

Till

--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de