Isochrones maps with Mapserver

R Baud webloper at INFOGEO.CH
Tue Oct 18 08:45:48 EDT 2005

I all,
I'm searching a way to do some isochrone maps with mapserver. I believe that no capabilities were implemented in mapserver to do that yet. So I suppose use mapserver and my web page only for the request and for drawing the result (am I wrong?). What must be done between, calculations, requests and polygons drawing should be done by another program. Perhaps with PhP & Mapscript or with special CGI routine or perhaps anything else ??
My datas contain many informations such as speed, vehicles, weight limitations etc... For this development the environment must be able to do database queriing and also spacial queriing (into shape files, etc..)
I know that a firm created a application with mapserver to do that, but they didn't explain a little how.
Do someone experienced a little in this subject? Any hint would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance, regards.

Rémy