Speed difference between 3.6.1 and 4.6.0

Hal Mueller halmueller at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 18 21:47:26 EDT 2005

I just (rather involuntarily) was "upgraded" from Apache 1.3 to 2.0
(no hardware changes).  Had to reinstall Mapserver, and upgraded that
from 4.4 to 4.6.  I have seen performance plummet.  A setup that was
easily moving 1 GB/day is now struggling to move 150 MB/day.

Am still investigating, but Apache 2.0'/PHP interface is my prime suspect.

Hal