wms_attribution element for LAYER's

Jeroen Ticheler JEROEN.TICHELER at FAO.ORG
Fri Oct 21 09:01:53 EDT 2005

Dear all,
While setting up WMS/WCS/WFS services we noticed that the attribution
URL and related information can be used at the MAP level METADATA,
but not at the LAYER level METADATA. We would very much like to see
that information appear at the layer level to ensure we properly
acknowledge data providers (the icon and URL are used to display an
attribution logo next to each layer when the information is present.
Would it be possible to also have these elements reflected at LAYER
level?

Here's what we use:

                         "wms_attribution_onlineresource"
"http://www.fao.org/"

"wms_attribution_title"                          "Data from the Food
and Agriculture Organization (FAO)"
                         "wms_attribution_logourl_width"
"20"
                         "wms_attribution_logourl_height"         "20"
                         "wms_attribution_logourl_format"
"image/png"
                         "wms_attribution_logourl_href"
"http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/images/FAO_very_small.jpg"