[QUAR] [UMN_MAPSERVER -USERS] faint TT font s

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Fri Oct 21 12:26:35 EDT 2005

The following message was sent by Charlton Purvis <cplist at EARTHLINK.NET>
on Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:09:13 -0400.

> Hi, GDAL-ers and MS-ers:
>
> The fact that I'm cross posting is a symptom of the fact that I don't know
> where to start digging.
>
> I have 2 deployments of the same base data that are using the same TT font
> to produce arrows.  Please ignore the difference in background color,
but if
> you look at the attached images, you'll see that there is a striking
> difference in the boldness of the font from the first .gif to the 2nd.
 The
> MS installations are almost identical, but obviously something isn't quite
> right.  I could increase the size of the font on the attachment
> mapserv2_with_arrows to be able to see the vectors, but that isn't what I
> want to do.  Where should I start digging?  GD, MS?
>
> I'm using pretty much the latest and greatest versions of everything.
 But I
> can list specifics -- just shout it out.

Charlton,

I'm probably missing something, but could it just be the colormapping
due to the background that is making the arrows look different?
They appear to be the same size.

Lowell