Using WMS time dimension with rasters?

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at FAO.ORG
Fri Oct 28 17:46:58 EDT 2005

Hi!
Happy to see this discussion and implementation progressing! This
(seeing more clients & servers with time support in WMS)  is indeed
very true. We are working to get temporal data online both as WMS and
WCS. Having a good support for that in MapServer would be a real
asset, and actually allow us to use MapServer also for these data sets.

In fact, this also gets to the problem I faced so far while
implementing this; One common Map file will not do to have both a WMS
and WCS with time support running, they are slightly different in the
way they have to be configured (the WCS needs special layer that
gives an error when accessing the service as WMS, at least that is
what I ran into when following the different WMS and WCS time examples).
Are there plans to align the two services?

Greetings,
Jeroen