Mapserver 4.6.1 Make problems - mapogr.o

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 2 14:32:38 EDT 2005

Steve Benzo wrote:
> I switched to gdal-1.2.6, but still get the same:
> Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `mapogr.o'
> when making mapserver.
>
> The output from configure and make are below:

> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target
> `mapogr.o'

There is nothing obvious in the configure output, and no compiler error
in the make output.

I see only three possibilities to explain the problem:

1- This could happen if mapogr.cpp is not present in your source
directory. Could you please check that it's there. (I verified that it
was included in the released source package).

2- Another option could be that the rule for .cpp files is not present
in your Makefile (It was there in the release version).

3- Maybe the version of 'make' that your using doesn't like something in
the MapServer makefile. Perhaps make sure you're using GNU make and not
another flavour.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca