Multiple point symbols

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Sep 2 15:04:34 EDT 2005

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> OK, so why not make them images.
>
> The problem I see in general with this plan is that as you zoom in on
> them the number of pixels between your regularly spaced points
> increases. So you will always be dealing with issues of scaling things
> and I don't think you will get it to look right.

Actually, they stay constant. they use pixel coordinates to display by.
The symbols are always the same size no matter the zoom level.  The
gridding is applied to the image pixel coordinates, not the MapServer
coordinate space.

Can you convert your grid points into polygons and do a polygon fill?

Would add a lot of complication and excess data to the process, I only
need to track the center point right now for example.  It really needs
to be a symbol, as the grid of points is generated dynamically.

bobb