PHP/Mapscript linux compile problem

Ryan Boyles ryan_boyles at NCSU.EDU
Sun Sep 4 17:11:50 EDT 2005

Gavin,

Thanks for the advice - I do have php-gd installed (php-gd-4.3.9-3.8)

Moreover, I've tried building PHP/Mapscript both against the standard
distribution libs as well as my own custom gd build. I see the same
problems with either.

I appreciate the updated directions you compiled for FC4 - I had
orginally referred to Blanton's guidance on the MapServer wiki pages.
Unfortunately, they don't solve my problems.

I'm afraid I may need a custom build of the latest PHP, which I
desperately want to avoid since update for PHP are more frequent and its
so much easier to use the update features in Red Hat Enterprise 4.

My gd and gd-devel are version gd-2.0.28-4. My php and php-gd are
version php-4.3.9-3.8. I know php-5 is standard now, but not yet
supported on RHEL. I may wait for the next RHEL update, which will
likely have an updated PHP.

Any other guidance?

Cheers,
Ryan