Mapserver 4.6.1 Make problems - mapogr.o

Christian Schaffer christian.schaffer at MUENCHEN.DE
Mon Sep 5 02:27:11 EDT 2005

Hello Steve,
hi list,

I experienced a pretty similar issue trying to compile 4.6.0 on Solaris
10 a few weeks ago. Joshua Buysse gave me the relevant hint to avoid the
problem: Try to set LD_OPTIONS in your environment, e.g.
LD_OPTIONS='-R/opt/csw/lib -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/postgresql/lib
-L/opt/csw/postgresql/lib -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-R/opt/oracle/lib -L/opt/oracle/lib'
export LD_OPTIONS

In your case, find the libclntsh.so.9.0 and make the LD_OPTIONS point to it.

For me, that works perfectly. After recompiling with this option set,
calling mapserver via web gives you the desired output.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Chris

Steve Benzo schrieb:

>Daniel,
>

>>That's possible if you link with libs that are not
>>in your default lib
>>path settings.
>>

>I set the ldlibpath to the libs that mapserver
>requires before i compile, but it doesn't seem to
>'remember' those when it comes time to run mapserver
>later? Is there a way to hard code those values at
>compile time?
>

>>Did you look in your Apache error_log to look for
>>hints? It may be that
>>your Apache config is also missing the
>>ld_library_path settings, that
>>would explain the problem, and you would see
>>something to that effect in
>>the error_log.
>>
>>Daniel
>>

>The error log shows the same errors I get when I try
>to run mapserver without those libs defined:
>
>[Fri Sep 02 16:53:03 2005] [error] [client xxx]
>Premature end of script headers: mapserv_new
>
>[Fri Sep 02 16:53:03 2005] [error] [client xxx]
>ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/mapserv_new: fatal:
>libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or
>directory
>
>PS Thanks a lot for your help on this!

>Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
>http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                        Landeshauptstadt München

                        Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
                        Informationsverarbeitung