Filtering on oracle layers using mapserver 4.6

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Mon Sep 5 08:38:47 EDT 2005

Hi Robert,

AFAIK the OGR Oracle Spatial driver does not allow a FILTER to be set. This has to do with that it has no extra logic to build a combined SQL WHERE CLAUSE, ie the one it applies normally by itself, and the one you or a program would specify using a FILTER.

You could talk to Frank Warmerdam about having this added to the OGR OCI driver on a contract. I heard he is on holiday right now.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Robert oude Lohuis <oudelohuisr at VERTIS.NL> 09/05/05 2:34 pm >>>
Hi list,

Does anybody have any idea about this problem ?
I would very much like to use combined filters with oracle spatial
connections through ogr.

thanks in advance.