Multiple Field Search

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Tue Sep 6 17:26:29 EDT 2005

Abe,

with Mapscript you can search for multiple fields. It's not very clear
in the documentation, but it works.

You have to specify an existing field of the layer for 'qitem', for
'qstring' you can define a filter statement that includes more than one
field/item, like

$qitem = 'FIELD1';
$qstring = "[FIELD1] > 23 AND '[FIELD2]' = 'blabla'" ;
$mylayer->queryByAttributes($qitem, $qstring, MS_MULTIPLE);

I think case-insensitive queries just work using regular expresions.

Armin