Polygon Buffer Query

Wed Sep 7 15:26:00 EDT 2005

QueryByShape does respect tolerance values of the layers being
queried. So, if 2 features don't intersect then a distance is computed
between them and compared against the tolerance. This has the
same basic effect as physically buffering the query shape (which
you can do as pointed out by Lowell). I'll check the source to make
sure this is the case though...

Steve

>>> Abe Gillespie <abe.gillespie at GMAIL.COM> 09/04/05 3:31 PM >>>
Is there a way to do this?  queryByPoint has the ability to supply a
radius but queryByShape does.  I thought that setting the layer's
TOLERANCE and TOLERANCEUNITS would help, but it doesn't seem to.  If
this isn't built in functionality, could anyone point me to an
algorithm that I can use to manually buffer a polygon before I supply
it to queryByShape?

Thanks.
-Abe