Problems using MapServer (4.6) in dotnet/c# environement with MapScript/SWIG

Johan Hallgren johan.e.hallgren at WMDATA.SE
Thu Sep 8 06:42:46 EDT 2005

I have created a windows service that is listening on a port for incoming
requests and from these maps are created. It all works fine on my own pc
but on the server there are problems. The server has two processors that
probably cause the problem (that’s the only significant difference I can
see related to my pc). On the server, plane maps works well but as soon I
add inline features to the map (at runtime with mapscript) problems arise.
It’s not immediately but after 50 to 200 maps it could happen. I also
tried to reload the mapObj from the sourcefile when I have problems but as
soon I have an error in the process the error will stay there. Before I
reload the mapObj I am calling Dispose on all references to the mapObj
with no difference.

My guess is:
• The problem has to do with the multi-processor environment.
• The mapObj will not be completely Dispose when I call the method.
• The problem seams to occur even with low loading on the server.
• The problem has to do with the inline features created at runtime.

Has anyone suggestions on this?

/Johan