OGR virtual spatial data

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Sep 8 07:40:43 EDT 2005

Thanks Bart.  I'll upgrade to the GDAL 1.3.0 and test again.

As far as the ovf file syntax:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="somelayer">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:u/p at foo</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>somelayer</SrcLayer>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

So I'm assuming newer versions of GDAL will pass the spatial filter
(from WMS, mapserv CGI, shp2img -e etc.) and apply them to the WHERE
clause to emulate a bbox filter?

..Tom