[off-topic] how to "sell" GIS idea?

Eduardo Patto Kanegae lists at WEBMAPIT.COM.BR
Mon Sep 12 11:45:02 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

Recently one customer asked me a hard favor: to sell GIS ideas to the
president's company!

For me , this is very hard to do, because "presidents" normally knows
*business* language, not GIS-language
or IT-languages .

What we are trying to do basically is to *sell* the creation of a new
department inside the company. The company
is the forestry division of a pulp-n-paper brazilian insdustry.

the main goal of this new proposed department is
to create, test and prototype GIS solutions for the forestry day to day
operations. ( and of course,
my contribution here is help them to do it only using FOSS solutions...
or as much as possible :-).
so, HOW to do it will not be the problem.

My real problem is: "how to SELL GIS benefits, but NOT using technical
terms?"

does anybody recommend any links or bibliography?

best regards.

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br