Mapscript CGI/WMS Server call discrepancies

Adam Quiney aquiney at REFRACTIONS.NET
Mon Sep 12 16:29:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've noticed a discrepancy between calls I'm making to our mapserver
instance using WMS server calls and mapscript CGI calls.

The two calls I'm making are below:

WMS Server call:

http://turtle/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/Refractions/BMGS/CWB/Web/WMS/SMT.map&request=getcapabilities&service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=GetMap&layers=SingleLineRiversCanalsMin&BBOX=1186497,398241,1190659,401758

Mapscript CGI call:

http://turtle/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/Refractions/BMGS/CWB/Web/WMS/SMT.map&MODE=MAP&LAYER=SingleLineRiversCanalsMin&MINX=1186497&MINY=398241&MAXX=1190659&MAXY=401758

In both cases, I am requesting the same bounding box, and the same layer.
However, the CGI call includes a fork at the bottom of the right-most
segment, and is missing a portion of the segment at the top, when compared
to the WMS server call.

Due to the nature of the application I am designing, different layers need
to be combined using each of these techniques, and this will not work
correctly with this discrepancy.

I've looked through the mapscript cgi reference, but have not found anything
that might suggest this kind of behaviour.  Has anyone else had experience
with this, or an idea why this might be occurring?

Cheers,

--

Adam Quiney
Refractions Research Inc.