mapserver 4.6.1 and validating XML

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Sep 12 20:22:50 EDT 2005

> WFS Gurus,
>
>   I thought I would try mapserver as a WFS server.  The XML
> it (v4.6.1) spits out when doing REQUEST=getcapabilities
> generates parse errors in the Cadcorp SIS Map Browser (and
> the XML validator, CookTop).  Specifically: <SFE_XMLSCHEMA/>
> and <GML3/> are flagged as invalid elements.  I haven't used
> the new "outputFormat=GML3" option, so I assume it should be
> generating GML2.
>
>   Are these parse errors normal?  Is there some switch in the
> map file I need to throw?
>
> The XML details:
>         :
>     <DescribeFeatureType>
>       <SchemaDescriptionLanguage>
>         <XMLSCHEMA/>
>         <SFE_XMLSCHEMA/>
>       </SchemaDescriptionLanguage>
>         :
>     <GetFeature>
>       <ResultFormat>
>         <GML2/>
>         <GML3/>
>       </ResultFormat>

Funny you mention this.  I put a call in to the WFS editor today asking
just this.  What I'm guessing will be needed is a MapServer-specific XML
Schema with definition of custom WFS formats, then have these ref'd in
the Capabilities XML.

At any rate, stay tuned.  I'll post a bug for this shortly.

..Tom