SLD PIXMAP Error With How-To Example

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 12 23:52:06 EDT 2005

Hello-

I have an update for this problem with using external graphics for SLD
requests.

I attempted to use the SLD file at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/msapps/world_testdata/tests/sld_tests/sld_polygon_fill_symbol_external.xml

with the ms4w-Chameleon OGC sample application (which contains the proper
layer - WorldGen- for the SLD) and received the same error messages that
I've been receiving with my own application:

*Warning*: [MapServer Error]: loadSymbol(): Symbol of type PIXMAP has no
image data. in *C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php
* on line *215*

*Warning*: Failed to open map file /ms4w/tmp/sess_43264a06bd7bc/1126582974-
2202.map in *C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php*on
line
*215*

*Fatal error*: Call to a member function on a non-object in *
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\KeyMapDHTML\KeyMapDHTML.widget.php* on
line *150*

Could this be a bug?? Could there be a problem with the way ms4w is set up
on our server (although we did nothing different this time...)? Is there a
copy of this same sample application available through the MapServer website
so that I could test the same application on a different server (if so, I
haven't been able to find it)? This is a problem I just haven't made any
headway on and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer Zeisloft
UW Sea Grant