PIXMAP Symbol display problem

Mandar sarlashkar manninside at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 13 03:50:44 EDT 2005

Dear all !

I am trying to display different symbols for different types of locations, represented by point features... such as Schools, Police Stations, Clinics ....etc

All the symbols that I am planning to use are in PNG format... and the symblos.sym file code looks like below

Symbol
Name 'square'
Type VECTOR
Filled TRUE
Points
0 1
0 0
1 0
1 1
0 1
END
END

SYMBOL
NAME 'police'
TYPE PIXMAP
IMAGE 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\als\SS\police.png'
END
END

SYMBOL
NAME "ayudhya"
TYPE PIXMAP
IMAGE 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\als\ss\ayudhya.png'
END
END

SYMBOL
NAME "bangkok"
TYPE PIXMAP
IMAGE 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\als\ss\bangkok.png'
END
END

SYMBOL
NAME "clinic"
TYPE PIXMAP
IMAGE 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\als\ss\clinic.png'
END
END
:
:

But I could display only the first PIXMAP symbol in the file... if I try to use other symbols by specifying its name I get following error...

msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined overlay symbol "office" in class 0, style 0 of layer community.
msAddImageSymbol(): Unable to access file. Error opening image file C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/als/office.

But if I use its number eg the symbol clinic is at 5th position... then in the MAP file the SYMBOL parameter of CLASS object will have value 5
No error is thrown but it will not display any symbol as well...

Can Anybody HELP me please...

Thanks in Advance...

Bye for now
Mann