which "flavor" of linux is best for MS?

Sergio Lopez sergiodlopez at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 13 12:53:20 EDT 2005

Hello:
I´m a Windows user who wants to move to the Linux world. I want to install
linux in a box in order to use it in mapserver applications development,
but I know there´s a lot of versions of Linux around (Debian, Fedora,
SUSE, etc)
By checking this list I´ve seen most popular flavors would be Debian and
Fedora, but I want to know from your experience which one do you recommend
to use as server for Mapserver applications.
By the way, I already have SUSE 9.2 installation CDs, so this would be my
first choice, but I want to hear from you before to proceed.
Thanks in advance.