tiff files not displaying

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 15 15:58:35 EDT 2005

On 9/15/05, Matt Garrish <matthew.garrish at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>   EXTENT -141 42 -52 83
>   UNITS DD
>
>   SHAPEPATH "data"
>   SIZE 300 300
>   IMAGETYPE png
>
>    LAYER
>         NAME RDATA
>         STATUS DEFAULT
>         TYPE RASTER
>         DATA "1KM_RAD.TIF"
>    END
>
> And I have a wld file in the data directory with the same name as the tif containing the following info:
>
> 1000
> 0.00000
> 0.00000
> -1000
> -2750000.131
> 3000000.244

Matt,

The issue is that your TIFF file coordinates are in some
projected coordinate system, but your map extents are in decimal
degrees.  If you want MapServer to reproject the raster to fit in
your map you will need to provide proper projection information
for the map, and the layer.  I see you have SUPPORTS=PROJ
and INPUT=GDAL so you should have all the required options
built into your mapserv binary.

Alternatively you could just set map extents that match the
extents of your raster if you don't particularly care about the
map coordinate system.   You can use gdalinfo on the TIFF file
to sett the extents (or try and compute them from the TFW file).

Best regards,